Singapore Airlines is the flag carrier of Singapore. Singapore Airlines began incorporation of Malayan Airlines in October 1937. It ranks amongst the top 15 carriers worldwide in terms of revenue passenger kilometers and is 6th in the world for international passengers carried.
Singapore Airlines flies to 61 destinations in 35 countries on five continents from its primary hub in Singapore. The company also operates trans-Pacific flights, including the world’s two longest non-stop commercial flights from Singapore to Newark and Los Angeles.
Departures from South Africa:
- Johannesburg (OR Tambo International Airport)
- Cape Town International Airport
General Singapore Airlines Information:
Singapore Airlines fleet consists of about 100 aircraft with an average fleet age of about 6 years, they renew their fleet frequently.
These baggage allowance apply to adults and children aged 2+
- Suites / First – 40 kg
- Business – 30 kg
- Economy – 20 kg
- Infants – 10 kg
Weight allowed on board
Under the Singapore Airlines’ cabin baggage policy, each passenger will be allowed the following cabin baggage allowance:
- Quantity : 1 piece for Economy Class passengers; 2 pieces for Suites, First and Business Class passengers
- Dimensions : Length + Breadth + Height (including protrusions) must not exceed 115 cm total and can be stowed securely
- Weight: Up to 7 kg
The following baggage items are deemed to constitute one piece of cabin baggage:
- Trolley Bag: 55 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm
- Garment Bag: Dimension not exceeding 115 cm and thickness not exceeding 20 cm when folded
- Briefcase: 50 cm x 40 cm x 25 cm
In-flight baggage restrictions
Find out more about Singapore Airlines’ General Baggage Restrictions.
Singapore Airlines offer the following seating classes:
- First Class or Suites
- Business Class
- Economy Class
Passengers with special needs should read more on Singapore Airlines’ page on Special Assistance.